CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Why? and the rest of my day....

Why does it seem I have been shopping like there is no tommorrow?

well....During November and December I did very little shopping. Very little. Like almost none! During that 2 month stretch we ate a lot at home and well the cupboards were getting bare of essentials, canned veggies and fruits especially. So me, being the hoarder, stockpiler, whatever, that I am, that is just unacceptable to me. So over the last 4 days I have gone a bit crazy with the shopping but we are stocked again on essentials and I can back off and start concentrating on my deal finding more. Oh don't get me wrong I was still a deal finding machine while I was on my 6-day-a-week-working-couponing-shopping-hiatus and the last few days with the restocking mission but now I can concentrate more on the things that we don't have but might not need or that we need but not right now...kinda thing. Yeah....I am rambling again. We have also had a bit extra money the last couple of weeks because the sitter had a death in her family and has not been able to take the kids so this has forced my laid-off hubby to have to keep the kids all the time and not get the 2 little 4 hour breaks he was getting by taking the kids to the sitter about noon and having me pick them up after work at 4. So those 8 hours a week not paying the sitter saved us $32 each week...not a lot but enough that I could spend the extra money getting the house replenished. OK so maybe that $64 should have gone to my car and getting that debt gone, or even to hubby's credit card but in the grand scheme of things, using that $64 for food is better in my mind. IDK maybe it isn't but the car payment is paid 6 months ahead and we sent a bunch of money to the card already so...whatev. I feel better now that the essentials are replaced and that is what matters to me.

*******************************************************
So the sitter calls today....said she would like to have K for a bit this afternoon.
GREAT! gives me a chance to go to my last resort stocking up on canned goods store, Aldi. Why are they my last resort? I know the prices there and I try to get my veggies cheaper than .49/can...hard to do usually so I buy what I can at the bent and dent and I get the rest at Aldis. I stock up on veggies and fruits three times a year. I buy enough to last that long and I try to get them here and there on sale or at the bent and dent. Sometimes I am successful sometimes not. But I don't worry too much about it because Aldi's price is a good price...I am just cheap...ummm thrifty.... So I ended up spending $32 at Aldi, 12 cans of carrots, milk, generic velveeta for us and 1 for father in law as well, french fries, onion rings, parmesan cheese (because K loves broccoli with parmesan cheese on it...yuck in my opinoin but she loves it) and a few other essentials. I don't buy much at aldi, mostly canned goods, and baking supplies that I can get cheaper there than I can elsewhere, even with coupons.

After Aldi was a quick stop at Walgreens for the glade scented oil refills...40 cents each 3 pack after my coupons, their sale, and their rebate and I scored more Garnier...because it was free. The Beauty advisor at this particular Walgreens (not my normal one) had $1 off garnier coupons ON THE SHELF right by the product...oh joy, oh happy happy day!!..so I was not greedy...I only grabbed 4 more conditioners. I am going to trade them with Josh, I think. He was saying he wanted to get more so free is a great trade on my part. IDK what we will trade for yet but I am sure I will need something done considering we are supposed to get 3-6 more inches of snow tonight and into tommorrow...wink, wink. I am sooo devious sometimes. SO I spent $14.44 at walgreens and saved $22.96 and will get $6.60 in rebates on the candles so I actually saved $29.56 once I get that rebate money back. I got a few other small things and I found out that Angel soft TP 4 packs are on special through 1/10 so I am planning on going to the not so nice Walgreens today to get a couple of those as well on my way to pick up K. I also got a paper for a free DVD rental from Redbox because that particular Walgreens has a redbox outside. SWEET! Another free movie night!

Oh yeah and I mailed out my rebate from yesterday on the palmolive dish soap and I reorganized the big freezer and will do the little one tonight. I am trying to get the same items in the same spots/same freezer so we have less waste and less duplicate buying. I have a good idea of how much we have of any particular item at any time BUT sometimes I think we have more than we actually do and other times it is the opposite and even worse...sometimes I think we ran out of something when in fact it is buried in the freezer...hence my plan to make a pumpkin pie tonight...before the crust is freezer burnt. LOL

0 comments: