We went to the Bent and Dent. They had just got in restaurant grade roast beef, presliced for sandwiches. $5 for 2.5 lbs. We got one. I can make at least 2 meals out of it. We also got 4 boxes of Strawberry Toaster Strudel $1/box, Ring bologna for 80 cents a lb, Grilling ham steaks $1.50 for 3, 3 16 oz cans of Campbells Tomato soup $1/can and a case of Campbells chicken noodle soup 16 oz cans for FIL.
Then we went to Walmart for cat food and cat litter. They had t shirts clearanced out for $1 so I got one for me and 1 to put away for mom as a gift. R got some juice, and we got mac n cheese because IMO the walmart brand is great! Better than Kraft although R would disagree.
My mom gave each of the kids $1 to buy a treat. O picked a sucker and K picked a candy bar. I let K pay for her own candy bar and she got the change back to feed her piggy. We get out to the jeep and she says I gave that lady my dollar and all I got was this measly candy bar. I said welcome to the real world K. When you have kids and bills you will get very little for a lot more money. She said well then I am just not going to have kids. Then I can feed my money to my piggy and keep it! I am glad she is learning about money and the cost of things earlier. But that kid is a trip!
We will be heading out for our date shortly. I am so excited to get some time alone with my hubby!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Notes from our day
Posted by Jess at 12:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
We've been helping aidan some money and he gets to spend it on what he wants. I have found that some people are not very patient when the little guys try to pay for things themselves.
Have fun on your date!
Post a Comment