CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

One of the nice things

With a spending freeze is that I find myself bored...and productive. I don't go anywhere just to get out of the house so I don't spend money AND I find ways to keep myself busy. For Example: Today with R's help, I decluttered the livingroom. That stereo that was sitting on top of the entertainment center, unused for quite some time, into the garage sale pile. The top shelf of the desk is now junk free. I also dusted. Now if only the kids would stop fighting long enough to allow me to work in another room, I would have the kitchen done. That requires standing on a chair to reach the upper cabinets and I cannot trust the kids not knocking me down. O tries to climb on the chair I am standing on and then K tries to get her down which would probably result in me falling so I will do that another time.

K cleaned up the toyroom, without much of a fuss, today. I think my making her clean is finally starting to pay off. I learned though that if I have O help, K is better about it and I am hoping that it pays off in the future with O not as bad about helping as K can be.

Next step in the decluttering day is my bedroom. Not too much left to do in there because I went through clothes a month or so ago.

1 comments:

Jenera said...

One good thing about moving is you get to declutter as you go. I have gotten rid of so much stuff in the last couple of weeks, it's insane!

Aidan is really good about cleaning up but when I first started him doing it himself, not so much. His cousins are terrible about it too.