CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

So I got to thinking today

about how to explain RR's to R. See he understands it sort of but doesn't quite get it. Here is what I came up with.

RR's at walgreens are like an instant rebate that you can only spend at Walgreens. I told him it is like "free" money. Yes I have to spend $22 on Pepsi Products to get the $10 back but since we drink Pepsi Products and the soda is on sale (cheaper than our grocery stores) it is a good buy. It is free money in a way. We would spend at least $3 per 12 pack at the grocery store so why not get it at Walgreens, save a little money and get money back. Yeah we have to spend that $10 (or $40 as I had before I spent $20 today) at Walgreens but I am shopping with Walgreens Money not ours. And the stuff I bought, we would buy and use anyway so it is not like I am wasting it. Plus I use my RRs on sale items to save even more. I said look at it this way I spent $3 on a 12 pack but I got $1.43 back per 12 pack that I was able to use to buy other stuff that we needed. I think he understand why I bought so much soda the last week. LOL. We do have a lot of soda but we both like it. I take it to work instead of paying $1.35 per bottle at work. When R was not laid off he took 4 cans to work instead of paying the $1 per bottle at work. It works out well and I can't pass up a deal on something we will actually use.

*********************************************
So I saw today that my preferred grocery store is looking for part-time help. I thought about applying but I didn't right there. I figured I would debate for a bit. Well as it turns out, my regular employer called and asked me to take part in a project for a month...maybe a bit longer. Guess I won't be needing that 2nd job after all. LOL

0 comments: