so one of our hand me down dining chairs broke...badly. The other 3 are close to breaking and not at all sturdy. We toured the thrift shops today trying to find chairs we didn't find anything that we could agree on. I liked the back on one set but it wasn't cushion and the back was short but looked cool. We tried the whole tied on cushion thing before and that sucked. So we knew we wanted a cushioned chair. At the other store we like the same style and it was cushioned but it was $89/chair (not a thrift store). Yeah....ummm not. So finally on a whim we stopped at Bargain Barn in town and we found chairs we both liked but they only had 2 in stock $59/chair. More than we wanted to spend (we were thinking $100 ish total for 4 chairs but yeah after seeing the prices we were thinking that is sooo not going to happen). The salesman said he could order us 2 more and could have them by Tuesday. OK.. So we take the 2 in stock and we go to order the other 2 and they can't get them for 3 weeks. so of course we already paid for all 4 but I told him I was not paying for chairs that I could have right now (yeah I am wierd like that ) So he voided my first transaction then tried to call the company to see if they could expedite two for me...nope. So then he just charged me for 2 and ordered the other two for me and I could stop back if I still want them in 3 weeks. Then on the way home we stopped at the other thrift store again and I found a perfect wooden chair for K for $6 and they had another one...not matching... that is perfect for O but I couldn't get it in the Jeep so I will have to go back tommorrow and see if it is still there since they are closed now. So once again we don't have matching furniture but I don't care...at least we have good chairs again.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment