CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

do you ever.....

put your headphones on and hit shuffle on your music library? I haven't in a long time so I decided to tonight...gosh every song has a memory... I am going to type some as I am listening....feel free to completely skip the rest of this meaningless, not thrifty blog entry if you so desire. I won't be offended. I just feel like rambling and this is a good way to do it. LOL

Hillbilly Shoes Montgomery Gentry, this song brings me back to 19. (3 years ago...HA! ) I had a BF in the army and this was his favorite song. I loved his truck. I loved going to KY to see him but alas I did not love HIM.

Podunk Keith Anderson This is my area, where I grew up, where I live now. Basically this song is soo much like my life...it's like he wrote it about this area and the people in it.

Gunpowder & Lead Miranda Lambert you should really hear my K sing this song...she knows EVERY word but I am not sure if that is a good thing or not. LOL Fortunately she does not understand the meaning of the song....yet!

Whiskey Drinkin' Woman Nazareth this song reminds me of my dad. I can still hear my dad singing this song in the car. I was probably 5-8..IDK...wierd...whenever I hear this song I hear my dad singing it.

Rock Your Body Justin Timberlake to this very day, this song makes me laugh. I had this friend...probably 6'5" 230 ish lbs. Big guy and sooo funny. One night we were all out and he decided he wanted to dance. His roommate was macking on this girl and my friend walked up to his roommate when this song started and started touching him and sang "don't be so quick to call me gay"....I laughed so hard beer came out my nose. It was hilarious and the rest of us had to leave the dance floor but my friend was out there dancing and serenading his roommate who was 25 shades of red by the end of the song. Imagine a 6'5" bald guy with no coordination dancing like JT.....hilarious right?

Don't Blink Kenny Chesney This song reminds me of everyone that I have loved and lost...Kenny.....my BIL who died too young at age 30, My grandmother, My grandfather, Josh...my boyfriend who was killed in a traffic accident at the young young age of 21, Nicole...another traffic fatality that left behind a young son, Joel...motorcycle accident, R's grandpa, R's grandma,

Hero of the Day Metallica Reminds me of my first BF and IDK why because he hated Metallica but I think because he looked like the guy in the video...hmmmmm....IDK he was such a loser but I was 16 and exercising my independence...but I came around. LOL

If You Ever Stop Loving Me Montgomery Gentry wow...parts of this song speak to me. I LOVED seeing them in concert and if they EVER come this away again I am soooo going! It was AMAZING!!!
Hard times... Bad luck... Sometimes life sucks -ain't that the truth?!?!
That’s alright... I’m ok It ain’t nothing but another day I love that line
I been waylaid... freight trained... short changed by bigger and badder men and all I got to say is bring it on I LOVE that line...that is so me and it gives me the strength to stand up when all I want to do is lay down and let the world take over
Hard rain rough roads... so my life goes YEP

Live Like You Were Dying Tim McGraw I just love the message in this song!

Hot Mama Trace Adkins Love it! I just love the song

Me So Horny 2 Live Crew the quintessential redneck rap song...it is all just about ever bar in this area's jukebox and dj's playlist....because we are just cool like that. You should have seen me dance to this in my younger years. LOL...I had some mad dancing skills. LOL

Good Time Alan Jackson because no country girls playlist is complete without some AJ. LOL

Wicked Game H.I.M. an awesome rock remake of the original slow song!

Not Ready to Make Nice Dixie Chicks a good angry song

You oughta know Alanis Morrisette my all time favorite belt out the anger song!

Pink Aerosmith In my very first apartment, we had A LOT of parties. One night a male friend got drunk and was passing out on my pink bean bag chair. We asked him what his favorite color was trying to keep him awake and he said "pink" in the most feminine voice his deep voice could muster and we were all laughing so hard. This song reminds me of him. LOL

Poison Bell Biv DeVoe This song reminds me of the episode of Scrubs when Turk tries out for the Air band...my favorite episode ever...because Turk reminds me of R's best friend.

Nothing Else Matters Metallica one of R and I's wedding songs
It fits us so well. Examples:
So close, no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters
Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
And nothing else matters
Trust I seek and I find in you

Never cared for what they say
Never cared for games they play
Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know

1 comments:

Jenera said...

Oh music can take me back big time! There are songs that come on and instantly I'll start crying or laughing or I'll turn it up loud! If I put together a soundtrack of my life, oh boy would be weird!