I spent the morning reorganizing and fixing things and cooking. I spent the afternoon and evening cleaning, switching out toys that the kids do play with for ones that they don't right now to give them some variety, and reducing some clutter while making a new storage area for myself. That is one thing I love about this old house. Although we are very limited in closests, kitchen cupboard and cabinet space and general convenient storage areas, we have a lot of really neat nooks and crannies that are excellent for storage. A couple examples, the suspended ceiling in the laundry room is perfect for lightweight item storage (toilet paper and paper towel), the basement pantry is perfect for cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, and most HBA stuff. The cupboards outside the bathroom are excellent for tampons, pads and were perfect when I was using them for HBA until I found a better solution (the basement built in pantry). Tonight while I was cleaning I realized that the little shelves just inside the basement door would be perfect for.....well anything really. Overflow canned goods, my boxes of tampons, toothpaste and toothbrushes, candles, bath stuff, bathroom cleaners...wow pretty much anything. So my mind got to working and I took all the canning jars that were there and put them in a box to give to my father in law and proceeded to move my boxes of tampons and toothpaste and toothbrushes. There is still a lot of room so I am in the process of deciding what else to put there. I do have a small stockpile of scented oil candles that I think might go there but I will still have room. hmmmm...so much room now.
I will update tommorrow with stockpile pics once again as I have added a bunch of garnier fructis to the stockpile as well as my other trips this week and my reorganization of my stockpile stuff is almost complete!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Been on a roll lately
Posted by Jess at 9:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment