ok so through today...here is what I bought:
$3.78 at grocery store
$2.11 for boone's wine ( I needed it BADLY Saturday night!!)
$0.88 diapers at Walgreens
$1.35 bottle of soda at work
$3.71 at gas station for bananas, bread and these awesome breadsticks with cheese inside
$2.38 for grapes
$1.20 for 2 donuts.
$3.58 for 2 packs of cheddarwursts
$17.12 for 5 t-bone steaks
$1.77 for 3 cans of mandarin oranges
Some things (in purple) I could have skipped. The steaks were a must buy. $3.99/lb for T-bones is awesome and we are low on steaks in the freezer so that was a must. The bread and bananas were need. The diapers, although I have quite a few packs, I needed to use my RR so that was the best way to use them.
The things I could have gone without...the grocery store stuff...shortening and margarine for a recipe. I could have just not made the cake but oh well. The wine...as much as I needed it Saturday night, I could have gone without. The bottle of soda at work I definitely could have done without but I had to work last minute and needed a pick me up after a rough night with a sick kiddo. The grapes we could have done without but the kids were dying for grapes and we haven't had any in a long time and they were on sale. The donuts...not even going to go there....moment of weakness. The cheddarwursts....we already have a bunch but they only had 2 packs left at the sale price and I never see them that cheap so I grabbed them...ate some for lunch today too. The cans of mandarin oranges....the kids really don't eat regular oranges but they love the mandarin so because they are sick and could use the vitamin C boost, I got some.
Overall, I feel crappy for not meeting my goal but I did not spend too frivolously, which was my objective. I still have one day left but since I went over...it is over. I didn't even make it to the bent and dent today. 2 sick kids, a crabby sick husband and a big mess with scheduling at work lead to me not even wanting to go. I am going to try again next week. Starting Saturday and going through Friday.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
I failed...and more.....
Posted by Jess at 1:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment