CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

how is the debt free coming?

pretty good actually. I owe just under $2500 on my car now. We one a paltry $200 on hubby's credit card and I used mine at Walmart today but will pay it off as soon as it shows up on the statement. I am using each of mine once a month so that they do not lower my limit again and to keep the accounts open but I am making sure that when I use it, the purchase is an amount I have available at that moment and can pay off as soon as it shows up on my statement. So we are doing pretty good. We are on track to end 2009 with no debt except the mortgage (which IMO is a debt but not a debt because we have to have someplace to live and a mortgage is a good debt). Next step is getting 6 months of our combined wages in savings. Since my income varies so much I am shooting for $500 for me and $1800 for DH's income for a total of $13,800. That is a large amount to shoot for, I realize but we actually only need to save $10,000 because we already have some in savings. I also want to build up an emergency fund of $1500. Dave Ramsey says $1000 but we would like to have a better cushion because we have an old fridge, freezer, and tv. The jeep will need tires so we need to save for that, my car needs a new muffler and will need at least 2 new tires in the fall so more to save. Car insurance is due in February, K's life insurance in March, LP prebuy in August, Car insurance again in August, yep...it just keeps on coming. :sigh:

0 comments: