our craptastic local store. An overpriced, understocked poor excuse for a store. I went anyway. LOL. I got Kotex tampons for $1.38 and pads for $.88 yep...that's what I got. I compared coupons but nothing good was on sale and the prices...even with my coupons doubled....were more than I was willing to pay. Gosh I love having a stockpile, no need to buy things for us because we NEED them. LOL I can just wait until they go on sale and I have a good coupon making stuff nearly free.
Speaking of nearly free....I am anxiously awaiting a GOOD coupon from Victoria's Secret. There are a couple things I want to get as gifts but after the deal I got last year (slippers for 53 cents a pair..shipping and tax included) I REFUSE to get them without getting a good deal. Nothing will be as good as that deal I am sure but I won't pay what they currently want for them. R says I am getting spoiled by all my deals but is that a bad thing?...to not buy something that I don't need unless I can get it for almost free? I don't think so. I think it is a very good thing.
Another good thing....Although I have recently used my credit card, I will be able to pay that amount back off very quickly. Sweet! R has used his as well and his will take a bit more time to pay off but his sanity is more important than a credit card balance as long as his sanity is not costing us more than a couple hundred bucks. He also knows that he doesn't get any more "sanity saver presents" for a long time so he is good.
I am still feeling a bit mad at myself for buying the gifts I did. I know I saved money but I also spent alot at Walgreens this past week getting our soda stockpile up. UGH! In the next week or two however...and even longer....I shouldn't have to spend much money at all. So that kind of makes up for it. I talked to R's Aunt today when we were at the inlaws and was telling her about my latest deals (she is a couponer/bargain shopper as well) and I told her the full retail price and how much I spent and she said wow you did good. I told her I know and I was very proud that I only used the CC online and once at JCP to get K's coat and the other things that day so the balance is low but I didn't want to use the CC anymore. She said well look at it this way...you would probably not have gotten K that coat next fall but probably spent $20ish at Walmart so you got a much better deal on a better coat for a better price and the online stuff is "safer" in her mind by using CC. IDK I have never had a problem but if it were to be a problem, like getting overcharged by alot or whatever and having that come out of the checking via debit card, I would be screwed with overdraft charges etc. So yeah I did good but why do I feel like crap about it? Maybe because we don't HAVE the money to spend....oh we have the money but my car is supposed to be priority and every extra dime was supposed to go to getting that paid off. It also doesn't help that I bought stuff at Walmart (groceries), the bent and dents. I guess the MAIN reason why I feel bad (but happy...does that make sense?) is that I have been only working 1 day a week so I have very little $$ coming in right now. At least I know after next week I will be working a lot again and everything is going to the car.
My local overpriced grocery is doing double coupons again this weekend and I think I am going to skip it. It is a once a month thing and we don't need anymore food in this house. I know there is nothing I can get for FREE so I think skipping it is a good thing this month. No stressing over getting coupons ready for it either. LOL.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Double coupons at Pamida and other babble
Posted by Jess at 12:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment