So far I am doing really well at not wasting any food. That is something I said last year and I wanted to do and I was doing well but then I started working 6 days a week and R started staying home with the kids and we got a little lax.
I do not believe in making the kids eat everything on their plates however I do require that K tries two bites of everything on her plate. In my opinoin (right or wrong) filling up a kid's plate and making them eat it all whether they are hungry or not can lead to eating issues later. I experienced that first hand. I attribute some of my eating issues to that rule my parents had. But I do give them small enough portions so they can ask for seconds if they are still hungry. It doesn't go to waste either because O is a big eater and K is not so O usually finishes up K's leftovers. But K also knows that if she does not eat dinner, she does not get a dessert or treat later.
My goal for this year is to by the end of the year not have any food go to waste. So far it is going pretty well. I am making smaller portions of main dishes and using veggies as filler, which is also healthier. I save the leftover veggies and serve them to O if we have something that she can't eat or for her snack. She loves veggies so it is a nice treat for her.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Making good on something I said I wanted to do
Posted by Jess at 12:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment