AKA my craziest start for next Christmas EVER!
Here is what is in the gift pile: YIKES! that is all I have to say.
Some of it is already doled out. Other things not yet. Also I do not know when the person it is for will get it, Birthday, Mother's/Father's day, anniversary, Easter (for the kids), Valentines' Day, or Christmas. IDK yet..I just know certain things are for certain people...bought specifically for them. The ornaments are obviously for next Christmas but other than that IDK.
so here goes...the list...grab something to drink before you sit...it is a long read...longer than I anticipated.
2 pair Arizona Jeans for O.....$2.98 each pair
2 pair Arizona Jeans for K.....$2.98 each pair (but I might give one to our niece, IDK yet)
2 outfits for O..........................$2.98 each
2 shirts for O...........................$1.18 each
3 Packer ornaments for MIL$1.78 each
2 Angel ornaments for sitter $ .60 each
4 Pooh & friends ornaments $1.74 set for my new niece or nephew
3 Dora ornaments $ .79 each (niece, K and O)
1 Diego set of mini ornament$ .79 set for K
1 Dora set of mini ornaments$ .79 set for O
1 Barbie set of 4 ornaments $1.74 set for K
2 Princess sets of 4 orn. $1.74 each set for Niece and O
Princess waterglobe set of 2 $ .79 each set (2) for Niece and O
Tink water globe set of 2 $ .79 set for K
Tub time bath set for K&O $2.50Tinkerbell bath beauty set $5.00
Princess tea party bath set $5.00
2 sets of 3 bod spray $2.50 each set
Dale Jr ornament for MIL $2.50
bath accessory gift set $2.50 (loofah, sponge, pumice stone, bath poof, nail brush)
2 wooden ornaments $ .50 each
2 hairbrush & ponytail sets $2.50 each
2 white cherry bath sets $2.50 each
bubble bath and book set $2.50 (Disney princess)
2 Hannah Montana lip sets $1.50 (for the sitter's granddaughters)
bubble bath & beads set $1.50
3 Gillette mens sets $5.00 each (body wash, shampoo, razor, shave gel, deodorant)
4 mini Angel figurines $ .24 each (for the sitter's collection)
3 larger Angel figurines $1.50 each (for the sitter's collection)
2 Mr. Potato Heads $1.59 each...clearance
3 Leather Money clips $4.70 each (including shipping) Dad, Josh, and R
2 prs Old Navy pj pants $4.74 each (including shipping) Dad and Josh
1 Old Navy perfect fit T $3.49 including shipping for Mom
1 Old Navy pj pants $5.99 including shipping for Nephew
1 pair leggings for O $1.99 including shipping
The following are for gift baskets throughout the year
Luminar candle FREE after coupon
2 febreeze noticables kits $.50 each after coupon
2 scented oil plug ins FREE after coupon and rebate
1 scented oil refill FREE after coupon and rebate
2 scented oil candle holders $.50 each after coupon and rebate (might have been free though)
1 candle holder for oil candle FREE after coupon
4 packs scented oil candle refills $.24 each after coupon and rebate
Total of $141.27....and that is how you do gift giving on shoestring budget! I have at least one gift for everyone I normally give gifts to. Now I can browse clearance when I feel like it or when I find a really good sale online and I can get it if I want or pass. These gifts are just not bought at random either. I think about each item. The bath stuff is kinda random because everyone likes bath stuff (OK everyone in my family) so I know it will get used by someone. The other gifts minus the gift basket stuff, is thought out as I browse...hmmm who would like this....if I cannot think of someone that I need a gift for...I don't get it. Simple. My Christmas shopping is a year long process. I browse year long for gifts for MIL, FIL, Dad, Mom, Josh, Josh's GF, K, O, niece and nephew, and the sitter and our friends. I have found some NEW things at garage sales that are perfect gifts as well. So I don't stress too much about it but I like having gifts here that I can give when an occasion arises.
I will take the Gillette gift sets and the Bod spray and break them up because there are certain things that R will use that the other two won't and R only likes one scent of the bod, Josh likes one and Dad likes the other.
I also have some fancy bottles of hand soap I picked up that I will put into gift baskets throughout the year and Voila! gift giving on a dime! If Christmas were tomorrow I would be set except for FIL but he likes gift basket of snack foods every year and that is not something I can hold onto until next year. LOL.
My theory is if I buy the gifts on clearance, I save time in having to run to the store to get a gift for whomever birthday or whatever and time in picking out a gift because I pick them out when they are on clearance, money in having to pay full price for a gift, and embarrassment that comes from forgetting someones special day.
2 comments:
wow. that's all i have to say.
because we have a huge laundry room at our new place i'm hoping to be able to do something like what you do-just not on such a grand scale, lol. there are so many times i see things (groceries or gifts) that are such a good deal but we've never had any place to put it.
yeah I know. I am so glad I sat down and went through it tonight. Sheesh..I knew I had a lot but DAMN! yep...we're good! LOL
Post a Comment