CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The bent and dent

The kids and I took the sitter to the bent and dent today. I had not planned on getting anything but I did.

4 boxes of organic mini waffles $1 each
2 boxes of toaster strudel $1 each
1 bottle of vanilla $1.50 (real vanilla for baking-not the imitation stuff)
1 6lb 9 oz can of portobello mushroom and garlic pasta sauce $3
1 doz organic eggs $1 (farm fresh!)

I am quite excited about the pasta sauce. Once I open it, I plan to freeze it and we will have pasta sauce for about 7 meals for 43 cents per meal. Much cheaper than even the generic spaghetti sauce at $1/jar.

2 comments:

Jenera said...

maybe I'm just slow but I never thought of buying the big can of sauce and freezing it. Duh. When I make my own sauce and we have leftovers I freeze it so I don't know why it never occurred to me.

Jess said...

LOL. There are a lot of things that I think of and am like OH DUH! why didn't I think of that earlier?

I am going to try freezing it in bags rather than a container. My hope is that I can just let it defrost cut the corner off and put it in a pan to warm up that way. Less mess hopefully.