CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

The Spending freeze starts

Tommorrow.

I am changing my rules a bit. I will allow myself $30 each week to spend instead of $20 because we will need cat litter, cat food, a prescription for O, and diapers are on sale at Walgreens starting Sunday. I hope to transfer O's prescription and get the $25 gift card they are offering with a transferred prescription, depends on if Walgreens takes our insurance or not...cross your fingers! I will save that $25 gift card for lean times but I may buy a couple packs of diapers with part of it. I also need to put gas in my car (which counts toward the $30) and the jeep but I do not count that toward my spending freeze. My spending freeze is on...clothing (new or used), household stuff (again new or used), groceries (I count sale items I do buy toward that $30), stockpile items, and any unneccessary things.

The coupon list is up at taylortownpreview.com. There is nothing I cannot live without so I am skipping buying a paper this weekend. I know I might pay for it in the future but oh well.

Why am I starting the spending freeze now? Because the project we were supposed to work on next week at my job has been postponed, and because they had me down to do the project I got NO yep ZERO scheduled hours next week at work. Ouch! That hurts! So I will only get my unemployment payment and I need just about every dime of that to pay off my car. So I will send almost all, except the $30 I am keeping in cash) to my car. Wish me luck. I didn't work at all this week either so these next two week are going to be rough. May be rough even longer IF the project gets delayed any more.

Rodney and I each have a bit of spending money out of our checks. Gas for my car...my responsibility. gas for his jeep....his responsibility. Normally I do not count gas as a part of a spending freeze as it is needed and not something we can stockpile before hand but at this point I need to watch every dime so I am counting gas toward the $30.

0 comments: