CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Not wasting food

So yesterday while cleaning the freezer I found a pie crust and a loaf of bread dough. I have no idea how long the bread dough was there but I can tell ya that I know I have not bought any since O was born. Well I tried to make bread with it today but it would not rise. Since I am on this not wasting food plan, I made indian bread with it. I am not sure the correct name for it but I grew up with it being called indian bread. It is little pieces of bread dough, fried in vegetable oil, covered in butter and/or honey. The kids LOVED it with honey. I also made the pumpkin pie this morning. We are currently going to try to use up everything in the freezer so be prepared for some odd meal combination posts in the coming months.

0 comments: