CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Have I ever mentioned

how whining about a financial situation annoys me? To ask for advice is one thing but to say "gosh I just don't know how you and R are affording to live with him not working. We are struggling and we are both working. You must be working a ton to make ends meet or using your credit card alot." We do fine, thank you. Sorry to hear that. NOPE and NOPE! I get a lot of crap and poor pathetic me stories from someone that we are related too. He works, his wife works, they have kids. R and I are in a better place financially because I made us that way. It takes a lot of work to do what I do. I would very gladly help but they don't want my help. They want me to feel sorry for them and I do not. When I get told that I am cheap for buying my kids clothes at rummage sales and thrift stores, making things from scratch, using coupons, "buying more than we need at that moment....how can that save money?" and my favorite....GASP! going without new clothes or shoes for myself or R because we want to get our debt gone. :Shaking my head:, I refuse to help these people. In fact, last year I was "not good enough" to do their taxes even though I had done them the year before and got them more back than the tax guy said they would get, now this year lo and behold, they want me to do their taxes...for free. F*&% that!

2 comments:

Jenera said...

Amen sista! Okay, Daniel makes pretty good money and we still struggle. But we know why we do and some of it is out of our hands. But it doesn't stop us from enjoying life. The difference with us and some other people we know is that we don't live beyond our means. Man if we did, I'd hate to see our bills! We know what we cannot afford and so we avoid it. Sure we have times where we splurge but I use coupons, sales, and other tricks to help stretch our dollar.

It's one thing to complain if you are doing something to fix the situation but to complain and keep living the same way is stupid.

Laurel Merz said...

Dave Ramsey, my favoite financial guy says, you have to live like no one else to live like no one else. In other words, weirdo's like us, who want don't want new cars and the loans that go with them every year, who don't max out cc buying groceries and ipods, who wait on new clothes because the paid off CC is the best accessory we can imagine, we are living like no one else. And in the future, they will still be behind, buried in debt, living beyond their means, and we will be head ad shoulders above water, moving forward all the time, and still wearing the same ol jeans because a growing savings account is hotter than any pair of new pants!

You keep on keeping on girl. You are AMAZING!