CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

unexpected trip to the bent and dent today

The kids and I left the house for a bit to give R some alone time, which he REALLY appreciated. He cleaned the house!!!!!

When we were headed back home the kids fell asleep and I don't know about your kids, but if mine take a "car nap" even a short one, they are a pain to wake up and are so crabby. A longer one is ok but a short one is like HELL!!! So I saw they were falling asleep...so I thought to myself what is the best thing to do. KEEP DRIVING!!! So I decided that a trip to the bent and dent was in order. It is about a 20 minute drive. Long enough for them to get a pretty good nap in and once I got onto the back roads, I drove slow...turing the 20 minute drive into a 35 minute drive..LOL. I needed to go anyway as I promised the sitter I would get her a case of soup and she wouldn't accept payment for babysitting the kids so I decided to pay her in soup. So we got there and we got the soup 12 16 OZ cans for $13.60, we also got 2 packages of Johnsonville Brats for $2 each...very cheap!, and 6 more boxes of toaster strudel and 5 boxes of "toucans" AKA Kraft Strawberry Bagelfuls. All that for $28.60. Regular price would have been $53 at a grocery store! I saved almost $25. Wow! I know in a previous post I said we have enough but sometimes I just can't pass up deals especially on things like Brats and Bagelfuls. I have to take Sheena to the vet tommorrow and when I told my mom about the brats, she said she wanted to go tommorrow so we are going after the vet appointment since the vet is only 10 minutes from the bent and dent. YEAH! I am going to finish stocking the little bit of freezer room we have left with brats...lots and lots of brats!

0 comments: