CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

got my walgreens stuff today and had the RUDEST cashier ever

Oh my. I am still deciding whether I should contact the corporate office regarding this woman. She was so incredibly rude and I know the store manager will be no help at all as she has the same thought regarding couponing as this woman. :sigh:....I thought walgreens was in the business of selling stuff but evidently they would rather sell 1 or 2 items to lots of people than 8 items to me. Jerks. It won't stop me though. I used to not go in on Sunday morning because of this woman and I will just do that again if I have to.

Anyway, I go in and the store is dead. Not a soul in there. Great. I rip out my in ad coupon for the foil and I get my garnier and the foil, eggs, and a newspaper.

I go to check out and see this woman. UGH! I just knew it was going to be a hassle as everytime I am in there with multiple coupons and multiple items she gives me a hard time but I am getting this stuff regardless. She scans 3 garnier and then asks if I have the easy saver coupon. YUP. I had it to her. She says I can only allow one. I said no it says one per coupon and I will gladly take 7 more books and rip the coupons out of them if you would like but I thought it would be easier this way because I know that coupon will take $2 off each one and you all just toss them anyway, but I will do whatever you would like to make this transaction smooth. So she scans the coupon...it takes off $6. Well this is just not right she tells me but she continues scanning my garnier...5 more. Then she scans the coupon again....takes off $10. I can't believe you can get away with this. I just kinda ummph at her. Then she scans the rest of my items. I hand her the in ad coupon for reynolds wrap, Then the kicker...I got out all my manufacturer coupons for the garnier and the reynolds wrap. She KNEW this would make it all free and she had a FIT. This is just not right. How can you do this? You know this is all free for you don't you? Did you copy these coupons? Where do you get all the coupons? It is illegal to copy them! Did you clear the shelves so no other people can get this stuff? What are you going to do with all this stuff? My answers: because I am trying to take care of a family of 4 with a partime job and a laid off husband and I am trying to save money. Yes I know it is free that is why I got it. No I did not copy the coupons. My family saves them for me and friends save them for me as well. I did not copy them. I do not clear the shelves I think that is wrong unless the item is on clearance then I will take it all. I am going to use it, what does it matter to you.

And then she has the gall to ask if I know the lady that was in there previously and bought 20 bottles. Are we reselling this stuff together? WTF! No I do not know her! Just because I coupon and someone else does doesn't mean that we are BFF and have a plan to bring down Walgreens. WTF?

but anyway I got 8 bottles of garnier stuff and 2 reynolds wrap, eggs for $1.89, and a paper for $1.75 and my total came to $4.96. Total savings of $35.40

But my good deal buzz was short lived. I refuse to let her ruin my day however and as I put the Garnier products in my stockpile I am going to BE HAPPY that I got it all FREE and will laughing while I add it to my Walgreens savings ticker!

2 comments:

Mary said...

"get away with this"? What a bold thing to say. Walgreens is giving the stuff away for free! And when they are giving it away, then there is nothing wrong. Why doesn't she get some too?

Kathy said...

WOW!!! What nerve!! I can't believe her!! yeah like Mary said, why doesnt' she cash in on the sales!!! LOL Good Job Jess!!!