CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

K and I closed out 2009 by having a mommy/daughter day.  We had a good day.  We went to the thrift store (2 of them) and ended up getting 28 ornaments for our tree next year.  They were getting rid of all Christmas stuff by selling it for 25 cents per item.  We also got a skirt for K for 50 cents (half off colored tag sale).  We also went to Walmart because I had a few coupons to use by 1/5.  I found a rack of shorts for $2 and K needed some shorts for this summer so I got 4 pairs for her.  With the skirts, skorts, and shorts she should be set for summer now.  O is already set as she has all K's old clothes to wear and I got her some shorts clearanced out for $1 at the end of last summer.   Some pics of the ornaments.  K found the train, carousel horse and airplane for her sis.  She picked out the snowman and the tree for me.  The train has someone else's name on it but I can cover that with a ribbon (thanks Tori!) or gems or something.  The airplanes propellor and wheels actually turn.  It is aluminum or tin or something like that.  Pretty cool!















































































The Walmart we went to still had a ton of Christmas stuff left but all we got was a couple more lip balm things for K.

We stopped a few other places and I found the cutest little caroling cat wooden plaque things.  I got 3 at first and they were 1/2 off the clearance price (ended up being 25 cents each).  Later, I thought they would be cute to have around as an extra gift, as I always end up forgetting someone so I went back and got a couple more.  This time they rang up full clearance price (50 cents each).  Oh well.  They are still cute and cheap and they do not look cheap.







Later today or at least sometime on these days off I want to sit down and rework our budget for the new year and will post more about that when I actually sit down and do it.  I would like to do it now but the house is a mess and we are headed to brunch at the inlaws shortly. 

0 comments: