CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

mommy and O day

O and I spent the day together today.  We went to checkout JCP and Sears clearance.  Lots of good deals but nothing good enough for me to buy.  Even at Sears with my discount, I couldn't justify any more clothes for the kids, nothing I like for myself or R and the Christmas clearance consisted of about 12 ornaments...all of which were still too pricey for me.  JCP had additional 40% off their clearance price but there was nothing I needed for the kids or myself.  Our youngest neice is growing like a weed so I hated to get her anything not knowing if it would fit her by next winter so I passed.  If it were for my kids I would have taken a chance but I don't want to "waste" money buying a gift for someone else that might not fit.

We headed over to Walmart for lunch...the turkey and provolone rollups from their deli.  YUM!  We saw that Christmas stuff was now clearanced to 75% off so we browsed that a bit and found a couple things.  We also got K a strawberry shortcake polly pocket with a DVD for $1.97.  It was marked $2.98 which was still a good deal with a DVD but it rang up for $1.97.  Cool!  Would have gotten one for our older neice had I known that.  Oh well.  We also found a coat for me clearanced out to $7.  It is similar in color and warmth to the one I had picked out from my work that was $27 with my discount and shipping but hadn't ordered yet.  I didn't need a new coat until yesterday.  I went to put on hubby's and the zipper broke...I had an old down coat in the closet that I have been wearing since then but it is a bit tight.  I have been wearing hubby's old coat which is super warm but now he needs it back.  My options were to buy a coat for him and keep his old one for me or buy myself a new coat and give him back his old one.  A new one for me ended up being cheaper so that is the route we went. 

Our favorite bread was on clearance at Walmart too.  The italian loaf, garlic and parmesan flavor.  SOOOOO good!  We eat it so fast that I don't worry about buying a day old loaf.  It won't go bad around here.  O has already had 3 pieces since we got home.  LOL

0 comments: