A little rant about Walmart....We have limited shopping options in this area. It is getting better I do have to say but as far as "everything stores" (walmart, Target, etc), Walmart is it. The nearest Target is an hour drive. I don't mind Walmart. Some people HATE Walmart. I don't love Walmart but I don't hate it either. R and I used to pretty much only shop there before we had kids. We got our meats locally but the bulk of our grocery shopping was Walmart. As I have been couponing, shopping sales and bent and dents, and basically watching the prices of things better, I have come to realize that Walmart is EXPENSIVE. It truly is. Some stuff is cheaper but the drive for me does not make it cheaper than just getting it locally on sale. Walmart is a 15-20 minute drive depending on which one I go to. I like to 20 minute away one better so I tend to go there more often. It is cleaner and more locals shop there. The other one is in a touristy town and I try to avoid tourists. So anyway, I had to go to Walmart tonight for a couple things. I didn't have to go but there are a couple things we only get there and we needed that stuff so I went. It sucked. They were out of 2 of the things on my small list. I did get the important things and I browsed the clearance toys. They had some pretty good deals but I only found one thing that I wanted to get and that was a $4.50 Hannah Montana Doll for K. She loves Hannah Montana and this doll sings! She is gonna be so happy! It was clearanced at 50% off.. I intend to put it away for her birthday or Christmas. I hope they go lower on their toys yet. There were a couple other things I would have gotten....had they been a bit cheaper. A singing snow white doll, a Dora Castle for O, a barbie scooter for K, and a ride on airplane toy for our youngest neice. If these things go to 75% off I will try to get them but if not...I won't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I HATE wal-mart. We had gone an entire year without going there but I had to go a couple of times to get things I needed NOW and it only reinforced how much I hate it.
But I have noticed that i have saved so much money shopping at Target and our big grocery store WinCo. Plus the quality of their products are better than walmart.
Post a Comment