CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 8, 2010

quick trip to walgreens

I had to run to Walgreens because I am completely out of my generic Excedrin Migraine.  I need to have it on hand and I cannot believe I ran out.  I thought I had a lot left but I had generic acetominophen, ibuprofen and the night pain relief stuff but no migraine stuff.  UGH!  I hate paying full price...but it turned out I didn't have to.  They had the actual excedrin migraine on said for $6.99 for 100 gel tabs (I usually get the capsules but anything will do) and it had a smaller 24 ct bottle shrinkwrapped to it for free..so 124 geltabs for $6.99 works out to 5.6 cents per tab.  The generic I usually get was 7 cents per tab.  I ended up getting 2 of the shrinkwrapped deals so 248 tabs.  That oughta last for awhile.  The shrinkwrapped ones were hidden in the back of the 100 count bottles.  Glad I dug around a bit.  I got myself a better deal.

While I was in Walgreens I walked around a bit and found some hair dye on clearance for $1.39 a box.  I ended up getting 4 boxes.  This is usually $8 per box.  I dye my hair every 3-4 months so this will last a year or so.  I also found some Walgreens brand 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner on clearance for $1.09 for the big bottle.  Granted I don't use it for me or K (we have thick, longish hair and we have to condition seperate or we have a mess) but it would work great for R and last him a long time so I bought 1.  They had a bunch but really 1 will be plenty.  He still has some pert plus left from when it was free and he can use the Suave if needed.  Suave is our go to product for bathing the dog (and cats...yes our cats take baths), the kids bubble bath, and for my youngest's thin, not very long hair, and it works great as shaving gel and body wash in a pinch.  We have a ton of Suave...we use it for just about everything EXCEPT what you are supposed to use it for.  LOL.

And a pretty awesome non household use score was an angel musical waterglobe for $3.  As I have mentioned before the kids' babysitter collects angels and I try to get her angel things for her birthday and Christmas.  I already got her a couple angel things for Christmas but they were very Christmasy and cannot be used for her birthday so this is a perfect birthday gift.  So now she is done for 2010 for gifts (besides her bonus...which will happen in November or so and is cash).

1 comments:

Mary~Momathon said...

I just bought the Exedrin Migraine too. I heard it works great; I sure hope so! When you have one of those headaches, you'd give any amount of money to feel better! Great deal you got!