CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

defrosting the big freezer today

It is my least favorite household chore but it needs to be done about twice a year.  The good thing about it is that I find stuff that is close to date or freezer burn stage and I plan a menu for the next few days to get that stuff used up.  I found some sliced roast beef for sandwiches in the way back of the freezer so that is dinner tonight.  As I put stuff back I will find more stuff that needs to be used up so I will make a list and that stuff will get put in the smaller freezer and used up this week.  I will probably post later what our menu will look like this week.  This is the only time I plan menus days in advance, but it is a necessity so stuff doesn't go to waste. 

I was scheduled to work today but my shift got cancelled so I am working around here today instead.  After the freezer I intend to start the normal housework.  Just taking a quick break and then back at it.

0 comments: