So far there are only a few things we plan to buy as far as groceries go. Milk and ground chuck so far. Ground chuck is on sale for $1.69 starting tommorrow. We have room for about 10-15 lbs in the freezer. Kinda wishing I would have bought freezer paper at the bent and dent now but I didn't think we would need any for awhile so I passed. Oh well. We do have some.
As part of our New Year, New Budget plan our weekly grocery money will fall in line with the ad weeks instead of pay weeks as we have previously done. It is a bit of a change, but gives me a bit more freedom to stock up on sales as the money will be refreshed halfway through the sale week so if there is a good sale I can use the remainder of the previous weeks money and get a little more when we get paid. I am going to try this for a bit and see how it works. I really want to stick to the grocery budget and get more money in savings this year.
When O and I went shopping today we stocked up on pasta and baking supplies. We really should have very little expense grocery-wise for quite a while. Dh is on board with trying new recipes and using up our pantry and freezer so we should only have to buy sale items, fresh produce, milk and bread for quite a while.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
should be a minimal spending week
Posted by Jess at 3:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment