I am annoyed we still do not have one of R's W2s for our tax return. Everything else is done just waiting on his last W2. I know they don't have to spend them until the end of the month BUT my company which is 1000 times bigger than the one R worked for while he was laid off from his current employer, had mine to me in the middle of the month. I worked for a company and did W2's years ago. They were so easy and I could whip them out in under a minute, correctly and ready to mail. Why should it take a company with under 300 employees this long to do it? R is not the only one from that place either, my brother and his GF both worked for the same owner, different company and they still don't have their's either. As much as I would like for it to come today or tommorrow I am not looking for it anytime before the end of next week.
This is the first paycheck of living off R's income only. Also my first week of a mostly cash system. I am a bit nervous. I hate that I have to withdraw from the ATM for the cash. It only gives $20s and I need 5s and 10s as well as 20s. So I guess I will withdraw and then go through the drivethrough and get the 10s and 5s I need from the 20s. Annoying? yes. But it will be a lot easier to be more accountable for my spending if I have cash. When it's gone it's gone. It will take some planning ahead on my part. I am cheating a bit though...I am keep back $5 from my spending money for emergency grocery money for milk or whatever, if we run out before the next payday. I will not sacrifice healthy things for the family (especially the kids) to live frugally. I have been told it will take a couple months to get used to cash only. I have been trying it off and on for awhile though. It has worked best for me on weeks when there is a nice sale on stuff we need. I am better able to keep in check with cash.
My check next week is going to be small...very small...almost non existant small...so this is a good week to start. I worked a whole 30 minutes this week.
Friday, January 29, 2010
annoyed
Posted by Jess at 8:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment