I sorted out some stuff and made a big donation to the food pantry. It felt pretty good. Alot of it was stuff that we would not use up by the expiration date (less than a month for the most part) and I knew the food pantry could use it.
When I started stockpiling sale items and using coupons to get a lot of stuff for free or mere pennies, it was hard not to go overboard. As a result of that I am finding that I sometimes have a lot more of an item than we will use so I have been doing quite a bit of donating. The longer I have been shopping this way the more I realize that we don't use as much of some things as I thought we would so I have been buying or getting less, even if it is free after coupons and sales. Other things we use more of so I have adjusted my plans accordingly. It took awhile to get a good "feel" for what we need. Others that shop as I do have said it takes time to figure it out but in the meantime the food pantries, friends and family in need, etc. can really benefit from it. They have! I have given away boxes of cereal that I got for 25 cents a box and were getting close to date to a family friend, knowing they were short on cash and needed the help. It feel good to help and there was no waste.
I still hope to be able to donate even though I am getting a much better feel for what we *should* have on hand.
Friday, January 15, 2010
While I was cleaning and reorganizing today
Posted by Jess at 10:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment