I went slightly over my grocery budget this week...and the week isn't over yet. SIGH!
This is my expenditures
1/5 $17.51 grocery-meat
1/5 2.12 misc household items (water bottle for me for work and pack of 12 sponges at the dollar store)
1/8 11.03 grocery-general (yogurt, cheese, sunny D, soda, milk, bread, cottage cheese, lasagna noodles)
1/8 26.17 grocery-meat
1/8 2.69 misc household (freezer paper)
59.52 total this week
I could have waited on my 2 liter of soda (99 cents), the Sunny D wasn't need but was on sale (huge jug for $1.99 and the kids like it..I don't buy it alot), Freezer paper won't be needed again for awhile but was needed to wrap the meat I got on sale), lasagna noodles were not needed nor was cottage cheese but that was a special request from hubby. I haven't made it in a long time and both the noodles and the cottage cheese were on sale. We have mozzarella in the freezer already and plenty of sance and ground beef so I only had to get the noodles and cottage cheese.
Everything else was needed and on sale. Without the unnecessary stuff figured in, I would have come in under budget. I cannot think of anything else we would need at this point until the new ads come out so we are good. We came in just slightly over budget so I am pleased. Next week I hope to come in at or under budget. Preferrably under by $10 to make up for the overage this week. The overage is covered with our miscellaneous money.
I scored a pretty good deal for K today. I am in the process of getting the next size of clothes for her (well 2 sizes if I find good deals). My employer has a company store that is just for employees only. It is a small space in the building where I work. I stopped by after my shift today and they were having a sale 50-75% off the already low employee prices. Sweet! I didn't find anything for myself or R but I did find a pair of jeans for K for $5. Brand new! I found boots for O and debated about buying them. She already has boots so she doesn't need any right now and the ones I bought K for her birthday should fit O next winter. They would have been $5. I debated for a good 5 minutes and then decided to pass. They would probably fit O next winter but IDK for sure...and they were only $5 but $5 is $5 and it is $5 that I wouldn't have to spend and the ones K has will fit her for sure so in the end it was better to just not get them. They had a cute shirt for O too and it would have been $3.75 but O has a ton of hand me downs as it is and really does not need ANY more clothes so I passed on that as well. When I checked out the cashier informed me that the same pants were on clearance on the website for a bit more than I paid for that pair. My willpower was screaming not to even go look but I did anyway. $7.99 a pair with an additional discount making them $7.19 a pair...for QUALITY blue jeans with an adjustable waist. I ended up ordering 3 more pairs. The total with shipping was $29. $29 for 3 pairs of quality jeans is not a bad deal. I ordered them in K's next size and the size up from that. She should be in them about the time she starts school so that will take some of the burden of school clothes off (we don't have a uniform policy in our schools...just a dress code) when I am a SAHM again. We have the extra money now and they are such a good deal I could not pass it up. When I looked last week at JCP, the arizona jeans (which are not nearly as sturdy as these jeans) were on clearance for more than I paid for these quality jeans on clearance so I feel alright about it. I didn't need to get them but K will need bigger clothes and she will need nice clothes for school...there I go justifying again. LOL
Friday, January 8, 2010
Slighty over budget this week
Posted by Jess at 7:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment