CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 25, 2010

Attention JCP shoppers....and some random things going on

JCP is having an additional 50% off clearance sale right now.  I don't know when it started or how long it lasts but ours was STOCKED!  I only ended up buying 3 things...all gifts (pj pants for mom $5, sweatshirt for my brother $4.99, and shirt for my neice $1.49).  Lots of winter coats...good time to buy for next winter if you are in a cold climate.  Some coats were as low as $12! and snowpants were as low as $7.  I wanted to look more but the kids were antsy so we left quickly.  After the Old Navy sale, I really do not need anymore clothing items but would like to look at the shoes since O will need new shoes soon and K's old pair were too worn out for her to hand down to O.  I had to toss them out.

We have reconfigured our savings goal.  We need to be more aggressive in this endeavor.  Therefore we set a tentative quit date for me as 4/30.  In order for this to happen we need to have 6 months of basic bills in savings.  We can do this by 4/30 but it will take some real diligence on our part.  I stayed up late last night working on our budget and finding ways to scrimp and save and even make a little extra cash so we can do this!  We wanted more in savings but having such a far out goal is not helping us to save.  IDK why but it isn't.  I have started going all cash now for groceries and R's spending and gas money.  We are going to start living off just R's check this week.  My check will go to pay the sitter and the rest for savings.  I only budgeted a small amout of my check each week for savings because I am not getting a lot of hours but I should be able to put double that amount in savings hopefully.  The 6 months of basic bills is the very minimum I want to have in savings and I am hoping that by living off just R's income for the next 3 months we can get a really good feel for if me staying home is a viable option.  After my budgeting last night I think it really is.  I budgeted for now and for what it will be like on just R's income.  We can do this!  I know we can!  I cannot wait to put this plan into action.  My heart is here with the kids and even the little bit I am working now makes me miss the kids alot...plus there are some other issues that are going on that I won't get into here but the current arrangement just isn't working and most likely will just get worse.

0 comments: