DUH! I have had issue with my carpet cleaner. Oh it works great, BUT it works so good that it gets clogged with pet and people hair in the nooks and crannies of the reservoir and lid. GROSS! I have owned this one for going on 3 years and have never been able to completely get the hair out. That disgusts me. Today I was trying to clean it out again and I got an idea. I bent a metal clothes hanger and used the hook part and Voila! carpet shampooer is cleaned out. A little later I was switching laundry and looking inside the lint trap. YUCK! There was so much build up that the trap doesn't catch. I shoved the crevice tool for my vacuum in as far as I could and used a metal hanger that we bent for that purpose a couple years ago and scrapped the sides. I used the non hook side to move the lint up close enough to the tool and it sucked the lint right out. I am in a cleaning mood tonight!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How weird you mentioned the dryer tonight. I saw a little fuzzy thing under the lint catcher so I used a coat hanger with tape on it. A clog of fuzz and dryer sheets bigger than a softball came out. EWW!
i have used a hanger many a time in cleaning vacuums too. And the crevice tool works wonders on the dryer. i need to do mine now that I think about it.
Post a Comment