with 75 lbs of red potatoes. We will be eating a lot of meals with potatoes in the near future. I foresee many meals centered around potatoes. LOL good thing we love the red ones!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Working on saving money and shopping smart so we can stay out of debt and I can be a Stay at home mom. We buy clothing out of season, stockpile, repurpose, coupon, shop sales and thrift stores and generally never pay full retail price for anything. I run the household on a shoestring budget without going into debt.
3 comments:
First off, love the Blog Jess! This is my first visit, but I'll be back for sure!
About the potatoes: We get big bulk bags of produce like that sometimes. What do I do with them? I freeze them and I'd like to can them, but I need to get a big enough pressure cooker for that yet. We also put together gift baskets for friends and family last Christmas. I love canning and you can can just about anything. If you can potatoes, you can still use them in almost all the same ways you would use fresh ones. We did a lot of it last summer. Do you do much of it? We should have a canning party when harvest time comes around this fall. Let me know if you are interested!
I don't do canning LOL. FIL is disabled and home all the time so he cans for me. Luckily, we have the root cellar in the basement so they will keep for quite awhile. You've been here but haven't seen the basement, I don't think. Anyway part is dirt floor and is perfect for wintering veggies. We just put them in buckets down there and they keep all winter.
I am just to the bottom of a 50 lb box of russets Daniel brought home over a month ago. I didn't think I'd ever see the bottom. Goodness. But they were the best we've ever had and I'll be sending him for some more.
Post a Comment