CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 6, 2009

While I sit here in worry and self pity...

I was sitting here this evening, feeling kind of sorry for myself. Wishing R was working so we had more money, Wishing I was working more so we had more money. Wishing R was working so I could just stay home with the kids, which was how this was supposed to work out, a friend called.

The call made me feel guilty for my pity party. My friend is single, no kids, he recently was laid off, has a mortgage, all the normal bills, plus now as to pay his own medical insurance or go without. He is struggling. We are not. We have a little money left over, I can still get my deals at Walgreens when I want to. I am still able to put a little away each check, I am still able to feed my kids and even though paying our heat bill (thank you LP cost for dropping :) ) just about broke our savings account, we are doing alright. We have food in the cupboards, in the freezer, in the fridge. We have health insurance, we have everything we need, not what we want but what we need. Life is good. Anyway my pity party has ended, I have sent the guests home and I am happy once again and feeling pretty fortunate that even though things are rough (and this sounds terrible I know) there are people out there worse off than we are. It sounds bad to say that but it puts our situation in perspective a little more. I feel better now!

0 comments: