Ingredients
1 soap bar, small (not super size)
3 cups water
Directions
1. Take your bar of soap (we use Dove or store brand like it, because it's more moisturizing), and grate it with a cheese grater.
2. Pour the water and grated soap into a microwaveable container and cook on high for 3 min.
3. Remove and stir until all soap bits have melted (put in a bit longer, if needed).
4. Let it cool, then pour into pumps (leftover from store bought liquid soap), and the remainder in any container with a lid.
I am going to make mine on the stove but I am going to try this as soon as I have an empty bottle to put it in. Reviews are really good on it but I will review it myself after I use it. Both O and I (and now my dad) have extremely dry skin. I have psoriasis and Dad does too and O just has excema but I have found that the commericially made body washes are expensive and are not helping my psoriasis so I am going to make my own "formula" for body wash using the dove bars of soap and some tea tree oil.
Walgreens all month has Dove products on RR. This week they are 25% off so buy 8 bars of soap ($1.19 at my store's sale price) and get back $10 in RR for buying 8 Dove products. MONEY MAKER. I wanted to get some this morning but they were out. I got a text message about 3 from a friend saying the Dove was stocked so I went in and got 8 bars and some dish soap. My total cost was $10.84 but I got back $10 so for .84 I got the following:
9.52 8 bars Dove soap (1.19 each sale price)
1.99 1 Palmolive dish soap
___
11.51
.58 tax
____
12.09
-1.00 Walgreens Q for Palmolive
-0.25 MFQ for Palmolive
____
10.84 Got back $10 RR! Total Savings (excluding RR)=$4.45
********EDIT************
I made the body wash and used it tonight. I liked it. It was a bit more watery than I would like so I would back off the water to 2 cups or 2 1/2. It lathered nicely. I smell great. Between my Free Garnier Shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner, and mousse and now my homemade body wash I am one Hot Momma! I will let you know if the tea tree oil does anything in the body wash. I know it helps when I apply it straight from the bottle.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Homemade body wash recipe and more fun!
Posted by Jess at 8:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment