Just when I post about no job leads in sight for R, guess what?!?! He finds a job lead. A job in which he has experience. In fact most of his experience is in the area that the job is for. We sent off his resume and cover letter tonight. And as it turns out, R knows the HR manager, as well as the owner of the company. So we allowed ourselves to dream a little. And should everything fall into place like we are hoping here is our dream:
R starts working full time again, I get the job I interviewed for, I start working full time again.
Our net pay would be enough that we could cover all the bills including groceries, gas, etc and still be able to put away a car payment a month and then some. A car payment being money that we are setting aside in a fund to be used for emergencies or to buy a new (used) car when the time comes. It has always been a goal of mine to buy a vehicle outright. Not a used POS but a nice used car outright. No financing. We would be able to put away a minimum of $300/month. Oh lord...the thought of that is sheer joy to me. It would set us up very well for future events that may arise. So even though I want to be home with the kids and not work full time I believe that should R get this job and I be offered the job I interviewed for today I will accept. If I am not offered that job, I will continue to look for a full time position.
We decided tonight that if we both are offered the positions we will continue to live as frugally as we currently do and save every cent we can. One of our other dreams is to build a house on some land. We would be unable to sell this house currently so we do need to do some work on it before that can become a reality and with us both working full-time the ability to do that would come sooner. Currently we live paycheck to paycheck, with a little money in savings and are unable to do any improvements to our home. We want to but we also want to pay cash for any upgrades so we will start to work on saving money for that as well.
Can you feel the excitement?!?!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
wouldn't you know it
Posted by Jess at 8:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That is so awesome!! I hope it works out for you guys.
Post a Comment