CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 30, 2009

The Queen of cheap/free

I took a shower tonight. I used my free softsoap bodywash, my free garnier shampoo and conditioner. I shaved my legs with a razor I got cheap, I used my deodorant (that Walmart paid me to take!), I used my free leave in Garnier conditioner, I brushed my teeth with a free toothbrush and used toothpaste that I got paid to buy from Walgreens and before I go to bed I will use my lotion that I got paid to buy from Walgreens. It is really gratifying to me to get all this stuff so cheap or free. On the otherhand there needs to be a line drawn. When does one stop collecting/stockpiling items? This leads me to a gripe of sorts. There are some people that will completely take advantage of a deal like the one at Walgreens and abuse the shit out of it getting 50+ bottles of whatever and only paying tax on each one. That is FINE because it is working that way. I am sure these people donate or whatever but still 50+ bottles. I understand a great deal is just that, a GREAT deal but where do you draw the line? I draw MY line at what I can use within 12-18 months (for shampoo and the like) and what I can give to family and friends (without causing a lack of whatever for my family). I would not be able to use 50+ bottles of ANYTHING (well except maybe ketchup and soda...the kids will eat ketchup on ANYTHING...including green beans....and R and I drink a lot of soda) in this time frame so I do not buy more than that even if it is free.

My giving has a limit too. For instance, I will not just GIVE someone something from my stockpile because they are too lazy to go work for the deals themselves. There is one lady that I know that just expects me to give her stuff because I get it free. Yeah I get it free but I work for these deals; cutting coupons, watching sales, research on some websites, trips to stores, etc. It probably takes me a couple hours a week to do everything I do. That is valuable time that I will NOT spend getting my deals to just hand over to someone who is too lazy to do it. I do not mind helping once in awhile and I am very willing to share my deals with anyone who asks but I will not go and buy the stuff for a person, or just hand over what I have gotten because they feel entitled. I am a giving person but not that giving. I am ranting about this because I was sharing a deal with someone today and she says to me "since you have so many, could you spare one for me?" I said this ONE time I will but that is it. If you want in on the deals I will help you and she says "it just seems like so much work." I said it is but it is worth it.

And the other thing and makes me soooo mad! People that get this stuff, clearing the shelves so others cannot get in on the deal, and sell it at a garage sale. OMG that makes me so mad. It is a good idea, don't get me wrong, but please leave stuff on the shelves for others. That is all I am saying. There is no need to buy 50+ of whatever and then make a buck off it at your garage sale. People KNOW what you are up to. Some might not care but those that want to just get 3-4 whatevers get pissed when they can't. Stockpiling is good but overkill is not. And yes, I do have 30 some bottles of Garnier in my stockpile but in my quest for free Garnier, I did not: a. clear shelves b. have any intent on selling it c. buy stuff we will not use in the next 12-18 months. We use A LOT of Garnier and I barter it with my brother so it will all get used and I still left plenty for others. It may seem hypocritical coming from a stockpiler to be ranting like this and it is....kind of. I always make sure to leave plenty for others and most of my stockpile items are not from a single sale but multiple sales over many months. What gets me is the people that get it with the sole intention of resale. THAT is what bothers me most!

oh yeah and by free I mean I pay tax on the item so yeah I pay a little for it but essentially it is free. The majority of my "free" stuff is just paying tax, so free but not free...clear as mud, right?

0 comments: