After reading Carrie's post I got to thinking. We really need to start planning out our garden this year. You see, our small starter garden last year was ok but not located very well and flooded out. We are still planning to use the same spot for a few of our vegetables but we want to plant more this year and since the previous spot is behind the garage which is only 5 or so feet from the property line we have to replan this. We have a couple spots in mind but first we need to decided exactly what to plant, how much of each, etc. Some other spring things I need to accomplish:
restring the clothesline
replace the rocks and mulch around the trees in the backyard
figure out what to do beneath the swing set
rake up the rest of the leaves
Of course I think of this now, after we got freezing rain then snow. I did see some grass yesterday in spots. GREEN grass. Wow! I had to check a few times, just to make sure it was not my mind playing a trick on me. It wasn't. There was actually grass but now it is covered with snow once again...ah the joys of a Wisconsin spring/winter. The teasing and tormenting that Mother Nature plays on us Wisconsinites is just not right, even downright cruel at times. Sweatshirts outside one day to full winter gear including hats, gloves, boots and winter coats the next. Mother Nature can be so vindictive sometimes...(I need an eyerolling emoticon....seriously!)
As I have gotten older it seems that Winter lasts longer. I know that it doesn't but it seems to. I am not quite 30 (and I have more than 6 months to go until I am...thank you!) but when I am outside in the cold for more than a few minutes, my feet start to ache, well my toes start to ache, my fingers ache, I have wondered if this is what arthritis feels like. For someone with almost 200 ft long driveway that requires nine passes with the snowblower to clear, 2 porches, a sidewalk spanning a lot and a half, and a snowplow driver that can only seem to plow his piles into the end of MY driveway, never the neighbors driveway or even onto the treebank in front of the house, this is not a good feeling. Clearing us out takes about 30-45 minutes usually then I also clear the sidewalks for our older neighbor lady which takes 10-15 minutes. I think I now know why my parents always said they could "feel the cold in their joints". UGH! yet another reason to move from this cold climate.
I have told R if we were move, there should be at least 2 Walgreens in the town we move to. That should be a requirement. I have a lot of them for a different house. 2 full bathrooms, 4 bedrooms, a basement that can be finished but preferrably already is, first floor laundry like we have now, a kitchen with counter space and cabinets, a step saver kitchen would be ideal, an open but not too open floor plan, LP (or the ability to have an LP) cook stove, lots of storage, a decent yard, and privacy. Not picky at all am I? LOL There are other things I would like 2 1/2 car garage-detached (I do not like attached garages, I am wierd like that), no fruit bearing trees, room for a garden, and the list goes on.
I have to work 4 days this week and hopefully some things that are in the works will happen this week. If they are meant to be they will. More on that to come though. I am too tired now to continue.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Thinking Spring
Posted by Jess at 11:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment