Last night K and I went to get her Easter dress. I wanted to get her a summery dress (and one for O) that she could wear for Easter but have for wearing other times too. I found the ones I liked on Sears.com. I get an employee discount at Sears (including online but ONLY if I have a Sears card :( ). In store I can get the discount as long as I use my debit card or cash. So I took Kait and she picked out a beautiful dress for her sister and an almost identical one for herself. $19 for 2 dresses. Not bad!
Then we went to Walmart. I have been checking everytime I got because I have read that some of the store were carrying the 4 lb bags of Iams pet foods for $5. I had 4 $5 off coupons, making the pet food free (well I had to pay tax). I got 4 bags last night. They had a lot of pretty good clearance stuff, almost free deodorant for R after coupons, some musical toothbrushes (which I did not buy but K wants for Easter). I had a kind of unthrifty night though as well. One of our cats has tummy issues. I have been getting whatever cat food is cheapest after coupons. This has not been sitting well with that kitty's tummy and he has been yacking everywhere. Poor thing. We have found that the Purina indoor or the Walmart brand indoor or urinary tract health food is the only kind he can stomach. So I priced it out and wow. I shoot for $1/lb or less to feed the animals. With coupons last night I was about to get a 7 lb bag of cat food for $5.27, which is good and cheaper than the Walmart brand but if I don't have coupons, even the Walmart brand is more than $1/lb. BUT if it makes my kitty not so sick, it is worth it.
After Walmart K and I went to Walgreens in that town and found pizzas on clearance for 50 cents each. I still had some money on my gift card so I got 10 pizzas for $1.77.
Friday, March 27, 2009
Thursday shopping trips
Posted by Jess at 9:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment