CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 9, 2009

it is coming together...

In order to make myself less nervous, I am going to post a not so well kept secret of mine. I *hope* that this does not jinx my chances but here goes:

With R's unemployment set to run out in 2 1/2 months and no job prospects in sight, I have been applying for other jobs. I want to stay home with the kids and only work part-time but I need to be able to support us should he not be able to find a job right away. With that in mind, I applied last week for a leadership job at a local company. I thought it was a long shot, figured they would have a ton of more qualified applicants. Not that I am not qualified. I do have a business management degree, I have 5 years experience in Quality Assurance as a (unofficial) shift lead, and almost 2 years as an assistant manager at a fast food restaurant. I have the experience they are looking for, especially the Quality aspect of the job, but I figured with the ecomony the way it is they would have a lot more applicants more qualified than me and they probably do but I got called today and will interview tommorrow for this job. It would pay all of our bills after taxes but will not leave much left over but my main concern is paying for the roof over our heads. Anyway this job would cover that and everything else. It seems like a very good fit for me so hopefully it works out. I will keep you posted.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!!!