CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 30, 2009

been so consumed with the softsoap deal

That I completely forgot to write about my awesome Saturday score. For $21.45 I got a 8.5lb Beef tenderloin. It was $2.50/lb. I cut it into 18 good sized thick steaks and 1 perfect for us sized roast (about 1.5 lbs). The roast would have made 3 more steaks so it figured out to $1.02/steak and $3.06 for the roast. I have been experimenting with cutting my own meat. It is nice to be able to cut the meat to my liking and trim the fat, etc as I cut it. I can cut it to my own specifications and I want to try grinding my own ground beef next. I figured I would try to get some chuck roasts and steaks cheap and trim the fat and then use FILs grinder to make my own ground beef.

1 comments:

Kathy said...

Do you have a Kitchen Aid mixer? they have an attatchment to grind meat.. I love mine... I learned how to cut meat and grind it when I was a manager at Luby's cafeteria! fun times!