CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 9, 2009

It was like it was supposed to happen

Just wow! I went to Walgreens tonight to use some RR on coke. Then because I finally got my coupon for the free Suave they were sending from 1/14, I had to go to the grocery store to get some body wash because Walgreens did not have it. So I went there as well. I had some instore coupons for shredded cheese $1/bag, $1.50/lb butter, and sirloin steaks are on sale (DH's fav). I grabbed everything else I needed than went to the meat department. I was choose out the sirloins and I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was our loan officer (and a previous co-worker of mine). She asked how things were going, how the kids are, if we were surviving the economy, etc. I told her we are surviving but these last 3 1/2 months have been kind of difficult with R's layoff. She asked about that and said you know, if you are having problems paying the mortgage or run into problems, just come talk to me. You have enough equity now in your house we could work something out. You and R, I know, are good for the money so if you need to, come in and see me and we will be able to help you. Oh JOY! It is nice to know that there is help available. Which brings me to a vent of sorts......

Where is OUR bailout? seriously, those of us who worked hard, didn't buy more house than we could afford, pay our bills on time, work hard now, struggle with layoffs and downsizing, paycuts, hours being cut, raises and bonuses being withheld, Instead we give the bailout to these companies who in my opinoin are partially to blame for the current economy. I am not saying that we as consumers are not partly responsible. Some of us got greedy, charged everything and anything, bought on credit, bought more that we could afford but also there are some people that were "tricked" into getting a loan that was not right for them (ARMs, etc) by being told that oh don't worry about it. In two years when that rate adjusts you will be making more money, it's ok, you can afford this. OR as some reports I have read the loan officers LIED about the peoples income to get them the loan. Where are these mortgage companies now? Mostly in bankruptcy or going down the tubes really quickly I would assume. Anyway, coming off my soapbox now....

0 comments: