CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I think the interview went well today

There were 2 guys in the interview asking me questions. The one was the general manager of the place and the other was the lead over the 2nd half of the production floor, basically doing the job. The 2nd guy was doing a lot of nodding and smiling when I would answer their questions. The general manager asked what I thought the job was and I nailed it! At the end I asked what characteristics they were looking for in the person they would hire and the general manager read back MY answers to his question of what characteritics I possessed that I felt would make me the best candidate for the job. He said I would hear either way in 2-3 weeks because he had 5 interviews for the position, I am #3 interview. He had 2 more this afternoon and then they have to pick 2 and send the interview Q&A sheets to corporate and a board would decide who gets the job but the board goes with his recommendation 99.5% of the time. So with all the questions and my answers and the smiling and nodding I hope it is mine!I was shocked though. I was prepared to answer questions about my gaps in employment, why I am looking to go full-time, why I left previous employers, etc and they asked none of that. Mostly just about me, my characteristics, what my thoughts were on working with adults with disabilities, how I would handle disagreements between employees, how I work through stress, how I relieve stress, that kind of thing. It was wierd. But the guy doing the job I would be doing loved my answer to that, he laughed and said he does the same thing. I said I like to put the Ipod on and take the kids for a long walk. Then there was a lot of chit chat about favorite music, favorite hiking spots, where the best place to walk in town is, etc. Wierdest interview I have ever been in. It was more like a friendly chat toward the end than an interview. They asked a TON of questions about my Quality job and the procedures I wrote there and training and a lot about the process they used to make the plastic. Thank god I listened when R and his buds would babble about it, I had an answer to every question!

I am hopefully that this job will be mine. I am hoping that it all works out and I hear from them and the call is for a job offer, not a sorry we hired someone else. I think this is a really good fit, especially after talking to them today.

0 comments: