CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

walgreens today






We had a couple errands to run. I do what I need to during the first 2 days of a new ad and I spend the rest of the week using Walgreens money to get stuff I don't necessarily need but I can get free after all the RR and coupons are figured out. So that is what I did today.

At one store:

8 Dove bath soap @ 1.69 each= 13.52
1 Vaseline lotion @ 2.84
Minus 8*.70 (Dove bar soap in ad Q)-5.60
used Vaseline lotion Q for -1.25
used $3 RR from Pepsi -3
used $3.50 RR from Colgate -3.50
________
3.01 + .65 tax OOP
got back $12 in RR ($10 buy 8 Dove products get $10 and buy 1 Vaseline product get $2)

Then because it worked so slick I decided to go do it again at another store. But my plan was foiled:

My original plan:
8 Dove bar soap @1.69 13.52
in ad Q -5.60
Vaseline 2.84
Vaseline Q -1.25
$3.50 RR from Colgate -3.50(I had another one that I put away for the huggies deal)
_____
6.01 + tax
get back another $12 in RR

But here is what I had to do:
1 vaseline lotion 2.69 (same thing is cheaper at the 2nd store!)
1 Vaseline Q -1.25
2 pk Walgreens diapers 9.00
used $10 Dove RR -10.00
_____
.44 + tax
got back $2 RR from Vaseline.

So OOP today I spent $4.74 and came home with $4 in RR that I will put toward the Huggies deal and 8 bars of soap, 2 packs of diapers, and 2 bottles of lotion. I only count the RR when I used them rather than when I get them so my first transactions in a new week generally have more OOP than the ending ones. RR is only good for 2 weeks so if I don't have anything to use my RR on I will get diapers or FAR stuff so the money comes back on my gift card. I will be using the RR I collected this week ($3.50/Colgate and 2 $2 from Vaseline and using them toward the Huggies deals next week. I had planned to do the huggies deals 4 times but I have some coupons coming now and I was able to print a few so I might be doing them a few more times. I am not sure yet. It works out to being just slightly higher than the cost of Walgreens brand diapers per pack. I can use the RR to get Diet Coke which is also on sale next week and giving RR so I will probably use all my Huggies RR on Diet coke. I plan on doing the Right guard deodorant RR deal as well so I have plenty to roll my RR to and the following week Walgreens diapers are on sale again but there is really no other RR things I am interested in. I will save my Diet coke RR to use on diapers most likely but if there is another great RR week the last week of March I may hold off using all my RR on diapers and save some for the following week. Decisions, Decisions.

A few days back I said enough is enough and I am going to hold to that. I am going to only get Free or Moneymaker items. Sometimes I think I have a problem. LOL

0 comments: