I like to compare our local grocery store to Walmart to see if the deals and my coupons can make shopping there less expensive and sometimes it does...For example:
My local store
Tidy cat 10 lb bags of cat litter $2.12
(I have 22 coupons for this)
2.12 X 22 = $46.64
22 $1/1 Q -22.00
= $24.64
But they also have fuel perks on this item so 4 cents per bag at 22 bags is 88 cents per gallon off gas up to 15 gallons so 15X.88 = $13.20 off my gas or $11.44 for 22 bags of cat litter if I count the discount off the price of the cat litter.
Walmart
$1.97 X 22= 43.34
22 $1/1 Q -22.00
= 21.34 no fuel perks...and I also don't have to drive to Walmart to get the cat litter either....hmmmm sounds like a good deal to me. Definitely a better deal at my local store. Tonight I checked on the price of dog food and they were cheaper as well. Not by much just a few cents but still it saves me the walmart trip. Guess I will be stopping every night after work next week to pick up a few bags of cat litter. The fuel perks on the cat litter are only for the next week so I will have to get all 22 bags in the next week but no biggie. I store them on the side porch stacked up. But there is no way I am getting 22 bags all at once. LOL. I don't think I can fit them all in my car.
Friday, February 13, 2009
WOW a great idea
Posted by Jess at 10:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment