CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Got my uber cheap Victoria's Secret slippers today

wooooo! they are awesome! I am glad I decided to keep a pair for myself this time. With this purchase we have nearly completed the birthday/Christmas/Mothers' & Fathers' day gifts for the entire year! How is that for awesome?!? We have to buy a couple things yet:
Christmas for our nephew
Christmas for FIL
Father's Day for FIL
This is the first year I am done so early. I do enjoy being done with shopping for the entire year already but I know as the year goes on I will see something someone will just love. Oh well, if I don't, I don't have to worry as the gifts are already bought.
*********************************
As I contemplate our finances and how the rest of the year might play out, I tend to worry but today I had no worries. The sun was shining, we went for a drive to Walmart, we enjoyed each others company...all 4 of us....and I realized, even though I already know this it was realized once again today, as long as my two little girls are happy, healthy and have a place to call home, I have no worries. R and I will always make sure the girls have a place to call home, even if it is not an ideal situation. We will do our best to keep the kids happy and healthy and that is all we can really hope for. Economists are predicting the recession will get worse before it gets better. I think, how much worse can it get? I know it is not as bad as it could be but what will worse look like? Widespread hunger? homelessness? unemployment? Thankfully the kids are oblivious (or are they?) to the current situation. R tries to not read the news all that much and me? well, I don't share it with R much. We don't talk much about it. He says...."things always work out for us" and they do BUT that is because I really work at it. I try to find a way to make things work out for us. I don't know if he really realizes that.
**************************************************
Rumor has it that the Walgreens ESC and rebate program will be ending after April. I don't know any more than that. Some say they will have a loyalty card. So I don't know what will happen with all of that but I hoping something because not having the easy saver program and the deals I am currently getting will make me not shop at Walgreens. I rarely if ever went to Walgreens before I discovered coupons and the ESC and rebates and I probably won't go again if there is no incentive to shop there. I bet there are a lot of people like me that will take their business elsewhere. I will update as I learn more.

0 comments: