look at the retail price of something and balk? Like at Walmart for instance...
I went tonight to use up some Q's that were expiring for things we need. I got a few things but not even 1/2 of what the coupons I had. I figured I didn't need it that bad and would just go with the generic at Aldi VS using the coupons and paying "too much" They had a bunch of Garnier fructis on clearance for $2.50 and some that the normal price was $2.50....BEFORE I started combining coupons and sales I would have used my coupon and paid the $1.50 now that I know I can get it FREE in a couple weeks at Walgreens I just walk away. There were a few other things. Nothing I can really recall off the top of my head Razors I just left the coupons on the shelf by the razors. I didn't NEED them right now so I thought I would spread the love and to me is was still too expensive. Oh yeah and they had tons and tons of clearance toys and clothes some of which were good deals but nothing that I needed so I didn't buy except a new pair of fleece pj pants for me...originally $9 on clearance for $2.25. R is always complaining that I never buy myself anything so I did even if it was on clearance. They are super comfy too. I put them on as soon as I got home. I have become a price snob.
When R was still working and I was working full time I thought ugh coupons...who has time for that crap? I bought mostly generic everything. Once I started working seasonal and now part-time and actually figured out the couponing/sales/Walgreens thing and have time for it, we actually have more name brand stuff and some better quality things and I am spending a TON less than I used to. And that makes me, R and our checkbook happy ;)
Monday, February 23, 2009
coupon users...do you ever?
Posted by Jess at 2:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment