at this house. Deer hunting brings a special time for the menfolk (LOL) but for the womenfolk of this family, the time proceeding deer season brings work, lots of work. Mainly for this woman. Every year after the holidays are over, FIL hands over 50ish lbs of vension to me for processing. He gets the venison ground and it is my job to turn the mound of ground bambi into a mound of beef/venison jerky. We use a 1/2 to 1 mix of ground beef to venison. Even the tiny womenfolk in this house love jerky. K loves to eat it and "help" me form it into strips for drying. This will be O's first year helping with the jerky tradition.
The jerky making starts tonight, with the marinating of the meat and continues for the next 2 days with dehydrators running around the clock dehydrating the gigantic mound of prepared meat. Fun, right?
**********************************************************
BOOO!
no Walgreens gift card for transferring a Rx for O. Our insurance does not require a co-pay for O's Rx so Walgreens would not give me a gift card. Boo! oh well, I can't be too mad at them because I did not have to pay for the Rx so I have nothing to complain about. I had a really great idea though. I was going to see how long I could make that gift card last and see how much I could get with it.
********************************************************
Walmart
R, the kids and I went to Walmart to try to find some cure for the above mentioned jerky but the store didn't carry it so we bought the other stuff we needed.
I got
1 bag cat litter $1.97-$1/1 coupon
1 bag puppy chow $4.72-$1/1 coupon
2 cans of friskies cat food $0.76 each-B1G1F coupon
1 can Alpo $1.46 -Free to try coupon
1 bottle of vinegar $0.68-no coupon
I paid $6.50 not bad...not bad at all
****************************************************
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
It's jerky time
Posted by Jess at 3:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh mercy me but I love some jerky. My friend's hubby would go hunting and his friend would be in charge of the jerky. Yummy.
I got a giveaway going on over at my blog too.
Post a Comment