CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 27, 2009

28 cents a gallon for gas

Yep you read that right. We are going to pay 28 cents...possibly less...per gallon next time we fill up. I have almost maxed out our Fuel Rewards card at our local grocery. I got some more cat litter coupons. We use 10-20 lbs a week of cat litter so I took advantage of the coupons and the fact that cat litter is on Fuel rewards until 3/1. I got a few more bags today and our fuel rewards balance is up to $1.56 which at the current price of gas, we will pay 28 cents a gallon up to 15 gallons.

While in line at the store, I freaked out. The lady in front of me had 23 cents off with her purchases and she would not take a fuel rewards card. I told the cashier you can scan mine if you want, I will take the discount. LOL. I know they can't do that but I cannot believe the lady refused it. I mean geez... they were trying to give her $3.45 basically. Wow! I thought maybe she didn't drive but nope I saw her when we were leaving and she got into the driver's seat of a car. hmmmm whatever..but it seemed kinda foolish IMO. I could understand if you had a form to fill out or give them personal info but you do none of that. You get a card, they scan it and when you fill up you put the card into the card reader on the gas pump and it rolls back the price per gallon however much you have on your card. Simply really.

1 comments:

Jenera said...

wow. and i thought my gas discount at the truck stop was good! The most I've gotten is 20 cents OFF. way to go!