CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

shopping around for insurance sucks!

It does. I hate every minute of it. The first quotes, which looked sooo good, turned out to not be accurate. The agent had "forgotten" to include a couple details and when she ran the final quotes to send to me to sign and return with a check, they were higher than what we currently pay...Did she think I would not notice?!? So I cancelled our dealings with her. I called our current agent and told her what we wanted and she is in the process of shopping around for us. I am running into a short window of time here to make a decision. Our auto policy is due for renewal on 2/28 so I have to get it sent on Wednesday of next week at the latest. The good news is that we can still get much better homeowners insurance for less than $100 more per year. I was talking about switching insurance with my parents tonight and Dad asked mom what their coverage is. She didn't know. They haven't changed it since 1995, when they got the new house after our house fire. Wow! that is a long time. Dad said they are going to look into it now too.

I was disenheartened yesterday to see the work schedule and only have 20 hours. I told my boss that I did not need the days off that I was given so if she needed me, call. I went to work this afternoon and TA DA....I am scheduled another day...a full 8 hour day...instead of the 5 hour shifts I have been given recently. YAY!

Sent another payment off the my car today. I am really working on it. I am another month ahead. It is getting sooo close to being paid off.

I bought something very unthrifty today...but it was necessary. Huggies goodnites for O. She has been waking up every night between midnight and 2 am, soaking wet. The Walgreens diapers just aren't cutting it for the nighttime flood. They were $10.99 for 27...talk about sticker shock, but if they keep her from waking up and waking us up...it is worth every cent!

0 comments: