I woke up to a very crabby K, I had her go back to bed, wait 15 minutes and then we "started the day over". I told her to think about why she was so crabby and then forget about it and we would restart our day. So far so good! She is in a much better mood. I hate when she wakes up whiny. O starts every day happy. She is just a happy girl.
I sent more money to my car today. I am getting very close to having it paid off. A little breakdown:
9 more months at the regular monthly payment-but I have been sending more so
just over 7 more months at what I am currently sending or if I can send just a little more, just under 6 months. At any rate 2009 is the year my car will be paid off! I could potentially have my car paid off by the end of summer. How exciting. I cannot wait until my car is paid off. The money I currently send to my car is going to a seperate savings account to save for a down payment on a new (to us) vehicle when the time comes or for emergencies. R's jeep has just under 60,000 miles and my car has just under 49,000, my thoughts are that by the time either of us needs a different vehicle, we will have enough saved to pay for it in full or only have to finance a small portion. I would like to not have to finance at all but we'll see how that plays out. Even if we do have to finance, we will be in a much better position because we have never been able to put more than $1000 down on a vehicle, not including a trade-in and we have always owed on our trade ins anyway. This time we will not owe on a trade in but because we plan to keep our current vehicles until they cost more to fix than they are worth we probably would not get much if anything for a trade in. I don't foresee us buying a different vehicle for at least 3 years, hopefully longer, so chances are good we will have quite a bit in savings when that time comes.
I did restart my spending freeze on Saturday. So far I have spent $2. I did not restart the ticker. It is Monday. Saturday I worked, Sunday I did not even leave the house and today I have a dentist appointment and some errands to run. I will probably send a little money today but I am going to try to keep it under $20. I have to work the rest of the week including Saturday so I doubt much money will get spent this week.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Welcome to Monday
Posted by Jess at 8:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment