Because I met my goal of saving $1000 this year by shopping at Walgreens using coupons, sales, rebates, etc. I am holding a contest.
To enter the contest you can answer one of the two following questions. Answer both if you wish but you only need to do one and two will not get you a second entry. Please post your answer in the comments to this post.
the two questions are (pick one):
What do you do to save money with a brief explanation? (shopping wise; using coupons, watching sales, thrift stores, bent n dents, etc or cloth diapering, gardening, freecycle, etc).
or
What finance lessons do you hope to instill in your children and how do you plan to do this? (for example mistakes you made, getting them to save more, etc)
Easy right?!?
and the PRIZE is a $5 Walgreens gift card. Contest runs until 5/8/2009. R and I will pick our favorite answer and post the winner here on 5/9/2009. Good luck.
EDIT~ if you do not have a Walgreens nearby and would still like to enter. I would be willing to send you a $5 bill if you are the winner. Just let me know (if you win) that you would rather have the $5.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
CONTEST DETAILS
Posted by Jess at 6:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I want to instill in my kiddos( one of The best things ever instilled by my parents) If you cann't pay cash you can wait till you can with the exception of a home i use to say car but that was a mistake I should have save and bought a used van . Now we are stuck with a car payment for the next 5 years:( I want them to know you can live on what you have!
I cloth diaper and shop in thrift stores to save money. Both are things I actually enjoy and are good for the environment. I'd do both no matter how much money I had :)
I'll answer both just for fun.
To save money, I shop at Sams Club. Buy in bulk and save. I also look to buy quality, it lasts longer and you get more bang for your buck.
Also, I never use cash - I almost always use my credit card. That way I get 2% cash back (which adds up), I get a detail of all of my shopping, its a lot safer in terms of carrying cash and theft, its easy as pie to whip it out and swipe it when my arms are loaded with kids and groceries, etc, and here's the great part: I have an awesome credit score because I use my credit card for everything and I don't carry a balance on it. I'm totally ready for an emergency expense because my limit is set pretty high, my interest is low, and any lender is going to smile on me when I want to make a big purchase and have this to back me up. Win Win.
Instill in my kids: Read labels and compare, do the math. Get a job and keep your credit score in good shape. Save enough for an emergency, like a car breakdown or a speeding ticket, and then save some for fun.
(If I win, put the winnings in your girls' piggy banks!)
I buy store brand whenever possible (all of Sam's diapers and formula are Target brand). I use coupons for almost everything that I buy on a regular basis.
When I buy clothes for the kids I will either go to a resale shop or only shop on the clearance rack.
I ALWAYS cruise through the clearance sections at Target because I can almost always get the things I use regularly for almost free when I use coupons too.
I try to buy in bulk for a our staples in groceries. I also do not buy any prepackaged food with the exception of spaghettios here and there for when I don't want to cook for Aidan. I try to make everything from scratch if I can.
~~~~~
I hope that we can teach the boys how to save their money and to spend responsibly. I hope to teach them about sales, coupons, and special savings when they start having their own money.
I also hope to teach them how to earn their own money and be proud of what they can make.
Post a Comment