CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

the underwear around my knees dance

So K woke up about 11:30 tonight. She was screaming like a little banshee. R jumped up and went to help her. By help her, I mean bring her downstairs for me to deal with. Of course the Easter bunny had already stopped by and hid the eggs but forgot to bring the baskets out from the bedroom. R evidently forgot that part. Anyway, K said she peed in her pants. We are working on letting her sleep without a pullup and some nights are good, others are not so good. But Anyway, I took her in to use the potty because she had not peed in her pants...yet. There was one of those stupid ladybug looking beetles in the toilet. Evidently, they are butt biting bugs that will fly up (even though they are dead and just floating in the toilet) and bite K on the butt if she sits to pee with the bug in there. So I being the uber-brave mom that I am, flushed that bug down the toilet and told K to sit and pee.
Her response "it will bite my butt. I CAN'T pee in there."
"I flushed it honey. It won't bite your butt now."
"oh yes it will. It is MAD at you."
"oh for pete's sake. Fine I will pee first."
So I sit down to pee and while I am going, K decides that she no longer has to pee. Great (note the sarcasm). As she is pulling up her pj pants, she forgets to pull up her underwear first and is doing this tae-bo, irish jig, chorus line type move. I am not exactly sure what the point of the little dance was but I started to laugh, which in turn made K extremely mad at me. She said "don't you laugh at me" in the sternest voice her half asleep brain could muster, which made me laugh even hard and that made her yell even louder. R comes to see what the commotion is and walks into me, on the toilet, trying to pee but laughing so hard that I can't, K screaming at me and still doing her underwear-around-the-knees dance. He finds the scene rather comical and starts to laugh, which really makes K mad. She puts her hands on her hips and gives the two of us this look of total disgust, all while still trying to pull her underwear up underneath her pants. Gosh, I love my 3 year old. She makes me laugh at even the littlest things.

a pic of the butt biting beetle~evil looking huh?

1 comments:

Jenera said...

That is too funny!